Book review: Misery by Stephen King

07:52 theslowslothreads 0 Comments

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Welcome to my very first bookish post!
I will start reviewing some books I have read earlier this year, and one of the first ones I can go back is Misery.

13658484_643295739161102_660321079_n(1)
Story in short:
Paul Sheldon became a bestseller writer because of the Misery series, but finally he wrote his last book of it. On the way home, after the celebration He has car accident and Annie Wilkes find him, who turns out to be nurse and his No.1 fan.
Things starts to get complicated when Annie finds out that book series has finished and Sheldon killed Misery Chastain.....

I've never read any Stephen King before, because I knew he mainly writes horror stories, which I wasn't a fan of, but this year I joined a book club, where my friend picked this book for the month, and I almost decided to give up there and just simply jump over this book and wait for the next one. But I didn't do it, and I'm so glad for it!
It was such an easy but gripping read! I was turning the pages like crazy.
I like the way how it's written, easy to understand.  I also liked the fact that we can see what's going on in Paul's mind. The characters are great, and I loved how you could learn more and more about them and you can see how Annie's craziness was just growing. (Obviously there were some scene where I just didn't want to look, but I had to in order to read it haha ) 

I know there's a movie adaptation of this book, which I haven't seen, I might will watch at some point in my life, but to be hones ..... I don't want so much blood in a movie.

Book rating: 5 / 5 ★

You Might Also Like

0 comments: